Asia Society - Center for Global Education: Teaching for Global Competence in a Rapidly Changing World
- To what degree are students able to critically examine contemporary issues of local, global and intercultural significance?
- To what degree are students able to understand and appreciate multiple cultural perspectives (including their own) and manage differences and conflicts?
- To what degree are students prepared to interact respectfully across cultural differences?
- To what degree do students care about the world and take action to make a positive difference in other peoples’ lives and safeguard the environment?
- Are there inequalities in access to education for global competence between and within countries?
- What approaches to multicultural and intercultural education are most commonly used in school systems around the world?
- How are teachers being prepared to develop students’ global competence?
- Schleicher, Andreas. (2017). Educating our youth to care about each other and the world. OECD Education and Skills Today.
Schleicher, Andreas. (2017). Educating our youth to care about each other and the world. OECD Education and Skills Today.